10 Ways the Cabarrus Arts Council Supports Local Artists
Ever wonder how the Cabarrus Arts Council supports local artists in our community? Here are 10 ways:
10. Our current exhibition, Capturing Light, features ClearWater Artist Studios artist Paul Keysar. Paul has an entire gallery dedicated to his landscape paintings in the show. Check out his work in the Lockavitch Gallery.
9. Got talent? The Listening Room welcomes local singers, dancers and other creatives onto the Davis Theatre stage. Our next show is May 11th.
7. In 2015-2016, we exhibited the works of 822 artists through Art Walks in Concord, Harrisburg and Kannapolis.
5. That Art Night shines the spotlight on a local artist the first Friday of the month at Cabarrus Brewing Co. Enjoy a pint and a conversation while a local creative!
4. March is Youth Art Month, and we’re happy to support Cabarrus County Schools’ 2017 Youth Art Month Awards Ceremony on Friday, March 31.
3. Interested in singing lessons? Want to catch a play? Check out our website calendar, where you’ll find every activity we can find in the community related to the arts.
2. The Interlude Music Program brings local musicians into the homes and bedsides of hospice patients. A product of the Hospice and Palliative Care of Cabarrus County, the program is supported in part by a grant from the Cabarrus Arts Council.
1. Our Gallery Gift Shop is always stocked with miniature terrariums, coloring books, jewelry and more – made by local hands.
Local artists, thanks for sharing your talents! We’re happy to lend our support!