Thank you to everyone who made Dancing for the Arts 2022 a success!
DFTA Awards 2022
- Grand Prize: STAR who raises the most money DR. MICHAEL ROBINSON
- Judge's Award: Best performace TREVOR WILT
- People's Choice: Audience chooses their favorite dance team DR. REID CHANEY
- Butts In Seats: STAR who brings in the most event tickets DR. MICHAEL ROBINSON
- Moonshot Award: Awarded to an individual who beats the DFTA record for most $ raised!
CONGRATULATIONS DR. MICHAEL ROBINSON: $19,107.34
Dancing for the Arts History
In 2015, Scott Padgett brought down the house with his hip hop performance. In 2016, Ann Schrader and Bill Dusch battled onstage for the top prize until the very last minute!! Ann became DFTA's Grand Champion. In 2017, Joan Davis glided across the stage, collecting the top title in front of an adoring audience. In 2018, Dr. Mark Redding cinched the Grand Championship for his Weird-Science-themed dance routine on the Dancing for the Arts stage. In 2019 the Moonshot Award was created after Grand Champion Emily Davis broke the record by raising $17,078.33, more than any other dancer in Dancing for the Arts' five year history. And after a two-year hiatus caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, DFTA returned in 2022 with a new recordholder: Dr. Michael Johnson raised $19,107.34, becoming the current recipient of the Moonshot Award.