Youth Art Month is celebrated nationally throughout communities with art shows, special exhibitions, and more. Friday, March 31, 2017 is the Cabarrus County Schools 2017 Youth Art Month Awards Ceremony. It will be held on Means Ave. (right next to the Cabarrus Arts Council) and on an outdoor stage. Entertainment begins at 4:30 pm: high schools will perform numbers from their musicals; a string quartet, a chamber choir and several vocalists.
Began in 1963 by The Council for Art Education to draw emphasis on the importance of the arts for everyone: critical thinking/problem solving skills, creativity and communications skills. This month, 150 pieces of art from 37 Cabarrus County Schools have been on display inside the Cabarrus Art Guild.
Art awards will be presented by a number of organizations and include:
- The Cabarrus Arts Council Outstanding Artist Awards presented by Noelle Scott, Cabarrus Arts Council Director
- The Center City Stars Art Awards and Concord on Canvas winners, presented by Diane Young, Concord Downtown Development Corporation Director
- The Cabarrus Art Guild Blooming Young Artist Award presented by Stephanie Gainer, Cabarrus Art Guild President
- The Cabarrus County Schools Grade Level Excellence in Art Awards presented by Ben Allred, Dr. Mary Beth Roth and Angel Oliphant, CCS Grade Level Directors
- The Superintendent’s Choice Awards sponsored by the Cabarrus County Education Foundation and presented by Dr. Chis Lowder, CCS Superintendent and a CCEF Representative